Our Favorite Outdoor Games For Summer
Spring is here and summertime is around the corner!
After a long winter, things are finally starting to heat up, and it’s the perfect time to have friends and family over for small gatherings, graduation parties, holidays, barbecues, and more. The possibilities of fun are endless!
To help you plan these gatherings and entertain your guests, we’re going to show you two of our favorite outdoor summer time games that your friends and family will love.
Winter is over and things are finally starting to heat up! Now’s the perfect time to have friends and family over for small gatherings. We’ve got two amazing outdoor summer time games that your friends and family will love.
Outdoor Tic Tac Toe/Checkerboard Set
With the outdoor Tic Tac Toe/Checkerboard Set you get the best of both worlds, and the ability to play two classic games anywhere you’d like! This Made in the USA Outdoor Version of Tic Tac Toe/Checkers is made from high-density polyethylene, UV stable, mildew and moisture resistant, no swelling/splintering/warping or fading: 43″ L x 43″ W x 1″ H, 38lbs.
Tic Tac Toe
This game is played on three-in-a-row boards and can be traced back to ancient Egypt, where such game boards have been found on roofing tiles dating from around 1300 BC. An early variation of tic-tac-toe was played in the Roman Empire, around the first century BC.
How to Play:
The game is played on a grid that’s 3 squares by 3 squares. You are X, your friend (or the computer in this case) is O. Players take turns putting their marks in empty squares. The first player to get 3 of her marks in a row (up, down, across, or diagonally) is the winner. When all 9 squares are full, the game is over.
Similar to Tic Tac Toe, the oldest known version of the checkers game comes from a game called Alquerque, which was played in ancient Egypt in 1400 BC. After years of being played the Egyptian way, in 1100 AD, a Frenchman adapted it to be played on a chessboard with 12 pieces per player. In 1756 an English mathematician created official rules for the game.
How to Play:
Each player has 12 pieces that are different colors. The pieces are placed on every other dark square and then staggered by rows, like shown on the board.
Typically the darker color pieces move first. Each player takes their turn by moving a piece. Pieces are always moved diagonally and can be moved in the following ways:
- Diagonally in the forward direction (towards the opponent) to the next dark square.
- If there is one of the opponent’s pieces next to a piece and an empty space on the other side, you jump your opponent and remove their piece.
- You can do multiple jumps if they are lined up in the forward direction.
- If you have a jump, you have no choice but to take it.
- The last row is called the king row. If you get a piece across the board to the opponent’s king row, that piece becomes a king. Another piece is placed onto that piece so it is now two pieces high.
- King pieces can move in both directions, forward and backward. Once a piece is kinged, the player must wait until the next turn to jump out of the king row.
- You win the game when the opponent has no more pieces or can’t move (even if he/she still has pieces).
- If neither player can move then it is a draw or a tie.
The price for the Tic Tac Toe/Checkerboard is $299.00
Giant Jenga Set
Leslie Jones, a British national who grew up in Ghana in West Africa, invented the game of Jenga, which is Swahili for “to build.”. It was based on a game that she had played with her family using pieces from her five-year-old brother’s set of wooden blocks.
How To Play:
- A player can only touch blocks with one hand at a time.
- A block can only be removed from below the top most completed row
- The player that caused the tower to fall has to setup the tower for the next game
Our Giant Outdoor Jenga is great for the outdoors, made in the USA, includes a carry bag and is priced at: $79.95.
To learn more visit our store at 1581 Boston Post Rd Milford, CT 06460 or give us a call at (203) 783-1159.
If you prefer not to come to our store, we can assist you over the phone.
We’re here to help you plan a fun room for the whole family. #WeFurnishFun
For more information: